After six years of absence, the Club was reborn in 1952 under the leadership of new soccer promoters, headed by the then president of the Nuevo Leon Soccer Association: Dr. Carlos Canseco.
By then, the city of Monterrey already had an appropriate building for this sport: the Estadio Tecnológico. In addition, the Liga Mayor had become the First Division and in 1950 the Second Division had been created, to which the new Monterrey directors had to apply for admission in order to return to professional soccer.
Most of the Second Divison clubs were opposed Monterrey's entry, due to the long distances involved. The Mexican Soccer Federation decided that the First Division clubs should also participate in the decision. The support of the clubs of the maximum circuit was key and, finally, on July 14, 1952, Monterrey’s entry into the Second Division was made official under the corporate name Asociación Deportiva Monterrey.
In the weeks leading up to the start of the 1952-1953 season, the board decided that the uniform would consist of a blue short and a blue and white vertical striped jersey. Years later, Dr. Canseco would say that the design replicated that of his high school team, which, in turn, emulated that of the famous Club Asturias.
Dr. Canseco presided over that board in which Ramón Oviedo, César Saldaña, Ramón Pedroza Langarica, Manuel Bañuelos, José Fidalgo (who had been in the board of the 1945 team), Manuel M. Ortiz and Leopoldo Urdiales, among others.
Rafael Navarro Corona “Navarrito”, then coach of the ITESM soccer teams, took over the new team in the preseason until the arrival of Spanish coach José Muguerza, who coached Monterrey in the 1952-1953 season.
Beyond the sporting results, the objective of the board was to consolidate a professional soccer team in the city.
In that season the nickname “Rayados” was born. Evidence suggests that, spontaneously and as a way of recognizing the team, the fans who attended Tecnologico referred to the home team with that nickname.
In September 1952, the journalist César Saldaña was already calling them “Rayados” in his articles in the newspaper El Porvenir. Since then, the nickname would become part of our Club’s identity.
Monterrey had to overcome economic hardship. Although soccer was beginning to gain followers in the city, it was still a sport that generated little interest among the people of Monterrey.
The box office was the Club’s main source of income and entrance fees to the Tecnologico were low, so the board had to hold raffles and other activities to obtain more financial resources.
In the 1954-1955 season, the Spaniard Manuel Pando took over the technical direction of the Rayados and sometimes also participated as a player.
Monterrey had a better performance, winning 10 of 26 games. This sporting improvement encouraged directors to dream of promotion and to invest more in the team.
The participation of new shareholders, such as Jose Calderón Ayala, made it possible to bring reinforcements with experience in the maximum circuit.
Thus, goalkeeper José Cruz “Potrillo” Martínez, Miguel Burela, Salvador Saucedo and Argentines José Antonio Juárez and Vicente Gualberto Laperuta arrived.
Pando put together a powerful and balanced team along all its lines. Promotion and the team's first professional title were confirmed on January 15, 1956.
On that day, Celaya, who were Monterrey’s closest pursuers, lost. Although the Rayados had not yet played that day's match, they were already champions. That was the first professional soccer title for the city of Monterrey, and the Rayados were back in the maximum circuit!
The 1956-1957 season marked the team’s return to the maximum circuit of our soccer. The base of the team that achieved promotion was maintained and experienced national and foreign players were added, such as Peruvian Augusto Arrasco, Argentines Jorge Jose Gilardoni and Antonio Mario Imbelloni, and the great bet of the board: the legendary Horacio Casarin, Mexican goal scorer who is still among the top 5 scorers in national soccer.
The most prominent reinforcements were goalkeeper Humberto Gama and Argentine defender Hector "Cacho" Uzal, who became emblematic symbols of the team during the 1950s.
Monterrey returned to the Fist Division on July 8, 1956. The first victory came two and a half months later: on September 23, 1956, when the Rayados won 2-0 against Oro with goals from Raul de Alba and Antonio Imbelloni, who had taken over the coaching duties from Manuel Pando.
Unfortunately, the team did not obtain favorable results and at the end of the season suffered the first and only relegation in its history.
Monterrey's second stage in the Second Division (1957-1960) was very different from the first (1952-1956). The board invested heavily and put together a winning team.
The team was the protagonist and serious contender of the title in the 1957-1958 and 1958-1959 seasons, finishing runner-up in both.
Attendance at the stadium improved, but the debt exceeded the Club's income. In 1959, Canseco found the support of a group of enthusiastic businessmen who loved soccer, led by José Rivero Azcárraga, Lorenzo Garza Sepúlveda, Javier Madero, Domingo Benavides and Jose Calderón, among others.
Together they would form the Pro-Futbol Committee, a society whose mission would be to clean up finances and return the team to the First Division.
A single season was enough for the new board to fulfill the promise of returning to the First Division.
Hector “Cacho” Uzal coached the first half of the 1959-1960 season, but the board felt that Uzal should focus only on playing, and hired coach Diego Mercado.
On the penultimate matchday, March 13, 1960, the Rayados beat Tigers 2-0 in the first Clásico Regio between the two teams. The result put them in a privileged position, where they only depended on themselves to be promoted.
On March 20, with goals from Julián Briseño and Argentines José Antonio “Moro” Juárez and Eugenio Almirón, Rayados beat Orizaba 3-0 and achieved promotion to the Fist Division.
The lineup that won the title was: Humberto Gama; Pablo Thompson, Héctor Uzal and Jesús "La Chuta" Medina; Eugenio Almirón and Angel Lama; Agustín "Chiras" Prieto, Julián Briseño, Gustavo "Gato" Cuenca, José Antonio Juárez and Nicolás "Pipo" Téllez.
The Rayados fans, who already much more numerous, celebrated the title and jumped onto the field to carry their idols on their shoulders.
That second championship of Rayados in the Second Division would be garnished with the title of Champion of Champions obtained on June 12, 1960, after defeating Oviedo de Texcoco 1-0 at the Estadio Tecnologico, with a goal by Agustin “Chiras” Prieto.
The Rayados were back on the maximum circuit and this time the promotion would be definitive!